These main boards can have multiple failures, in addition to the EEPROM.
If EEPROM replacement does not repair your board, there are likely additional problems.
Symptoms EEPROM replacement CAN fix:
– Display is frozen on VIZIO logo screen*
– TV won’t power on with remote/buttons when plugged-in
(VIZIO is lit in orange, but won’t turn to white)
– TV turns on when first plugged-in, but it won’t turn back on after 30 minutes of being off
– TV shuts off and goes back to standby mode (orange VIZIO lit) after you turn it on
Symptoms EEPROM replacement CAN NOT Fix:
– TV turns on but has NO backlight
– TV turns on AND backlights are on, but has no video display at all
– TV won’t turn on*
– HDMI issues
– Audio issues