Complex concepts made easier to understand.
- Nursing Care Plans are easy to read and clearly present the rationale for each action—Concept Maps provide a visual interpretation of a care plan.
- ENHANCED! Easier-to -read tables and a full-color design bring concepts to life.
- UPDATED! A&P review in an enhanced visual format.
Enhance critical thinking.
- “Patient Perspectives” give a patient’s eye-view of the disease or condition you’re studying.
- Learning exercises and questions throughout help you develop your clinical judgment. Even more activities available in the workbook and online at DavisPlus.
- Evidence-based practice boxes within the chapter provide an in-depth look at research that supports best practices.
- Boxed Presentations of Cultural, Gerontological, Home Health, Ethical, and Nutritional considerations tie classroom instruction to clinical practice.
- NEW! 10 interactive clinical scenarios & new animations online at DavisPlus
- MORE! Teaching & learning resources online at DavisPlus. View now!
Build a comprehensive foundation.
- Framework of the text is organized by the nursing process.
- Explore body systems and diseases with • a review of anatomy • physiology • pathophysiology • assessments • detailed nursing care for disorders • summary boxes • full chapters on CAMs • mental health • AIDS.
- MORE! Coverage of prison nursing
- NEW! Chapter resource maps in the margins of the text suggest additional resources.
Ensure patient safety.
- NEW! Safe and Effective Care competencies, appropriate for the LPN/LVN level, offer new and updated safety tips.
- Learning, Nursing Care, & Safety Tips provide helpful advice to achieve best patient outcomes.
- English/Spanish Translations table in Appendix.
- NEW! Learning Outcomes at the beginning of each chapter to plan and assess progress.