The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitarists
Master Music Theory for Guitar While Playing and Hearing it in Context.
Over 200 Notated Audio Examples! + Professional Backing Tracks
Guitarists are often very guilty of ‘collecting’ musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information on their instrument. ‘Modern Music Theory for Guitarists’ combines cutting edge, up to date musical information with over 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing. There are also bespoke, professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine’s Quist
Know What’s Important
There are so many sources of information out there these days it’s hard to know where to begin and what’s important when it comes to applying music theory to the guitar. This book has been designed to take you on a journey from essential first principles through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept.
Essential Knowledge and Musical Skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
Theory topics covered include
- Major and Minor Scale Construction, Harmonisation and How to Name Chords
- Constructing Chord Progressions, Modulation and Chord Qualities
- Complete Study of Modes with real world examples.
- Modes deconstructed into Intervallic and Three and Four Note Soloing Approaches plus Pentatonic Substitutions
- A ‘Cheat Sheet’ of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
- Guitar Licks for each mode + Professional Backing Tracks
Check Out 60+ Positive Reviews Below!
“Joseph Alexander writes in a very clear and concise style that is easy to follow.” – Just one of the many Amazon reviews
Scroll Up to Buy it Now
Buy now to begin your journey into musical understanding and practical, musical application.