Prepare for a successful career in medical assisting! Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 8th Edition helps you learn the real-world administrative skills essential to working in the health care office. In-depth coverage ranges from professional behavior and interpersonal skills to billing and coding, electronic health records and management of practice finances. Written by administrative medical assisting expert Alexandra Adams, this classic resource also includes an Evolve companion website with exercises and activities, videos, review questions for the CMA and RMA certification exams, and an interactive portfolio builder.
- Step-by-step, illustrated procedures make it easier to learn and understand medical assisting skills, and include rationales for each step.
- Threaded case scenarios let you develop critical thinking skills and apply concepts learned in each chapter to realistic administrative situations.
- Study Guide includes a variety of exercises to test your knowledge and critical thinking skills, case scenarios from the book, and a Procedure Checklists Manual. Sold separately.
- Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies chapter prepares you to take action during crises and urgent situations.
- Detailed learning objectives and vocabulary with definitions in each chapter help you study more effectively, with connections icons linking concepts in the text to exercises in the study guide and on the Evolve companion website.
- Patient education and legal and ethical issues are described in relation to the Medical Assistant’s job.
- A Portfolio Builder on the Evolve website helps you demonstrate proficiency to potential employers.
- NEW! Charting examples within the procedures are highlighted for easier learning.
- UPDATED coverage of the Electronic Health Record ensures that you are familiar with the technology you’ll use on the job.