Jump into watercolors and learn how to create your own beautiful flower paintings!
- Easy introduction to watercolor painting for absolute beginners—if you love art but think you’re not an artist, this book is for you
- 8 step-by-step projects act as learn-while-you-paint practice exercises, showing you how to make complete floral paintings
- Getting started advice on materials, use of color, brush strokes, and more
- Basic watercolor art techniques for opacity, blending, shading, and mixing colors
- Light gray line illustrations provide guidelines just clear enough to see, but allow your watercolor work to shine through when you’re done
- Perforated, extra-thick watercolor paper allows you to watercolor right inside the book, with no need to copy the patterns to other paper
Fresh and delicate, flowers are the perfect subject for expressive watercolor art. Learn to watercolor as you practice painting beautiful floral designs!
This skill-building portfolio book for absolute beginners will teach you everything you need to know to get started with watercolor painting. Anyone can use this book to make beautiful flower watercolor paintings—even if you think you can’t paint!
Talented artist Robin Pickens introduces you to all the basics of paint, brushes, palette, and water, with easy-to-follow advice on opacity, blending, shading, and mixing colors. She then guides you step-by-step through 8 complete floral watercolor projects.
Each beautiful skill-building exercise features soft, muted patterns printed on genuine 90-pound thick, tactile watercolor paper. The pages are perforated so you can easily remove your art for gifting or display.
Just Add Watercolor Flowers also provides gorgeous fully colored finished examples and art guides to inspire your work on each design.
With Robin’s artistic advice, Just Add Watercolor Flowers makes the process of learning how to watercolor—and actually doing it—easy and achievable. After reading the simple tips on getting started and the basic tools and materials information, you’ll be able to jump right into using your watercolors!