A practical approach for anyone looking to enter the IT workforce
Before candidates can begin to prepare for any kind of certification, they need a basic understanding of the various hardware and software components used in a computer network. Aimed at aspiring IT professionals, this invaluable book strips down a network to its bare basics, and discusses this complex topic in a clear and concise manner so that IT beginners can confidently gain an understanding of fundamental IT concepts. In addition, a base knowledge has been established so that more advanced topics and technologies can be learned over time.
- Includes a discussion of the key computer components, such as the processor and memory
- Covers the basics of data storage as well as the input/output process
- Zeroes in on basic hardware configuration including how to install hardware and software drivers
- Introduces various computer operating systems, including the Windows OS family, Linux, and Mac.
- Looks at basic networking concepts and design
IT Career JumpStart is an ideal starting point for anyone looking for a career in IT but doesn’t know where to start.