This comprehensive guide provides everything you’ll need to know about carving soap!
- 26 step-by-step projects from simple carvings to elaborate soap sculptures
- Basic introduction provides instruction and methods for absolute beginners
- Sophisticated techniques come next, providing challenging methods for advanced carvers and artists
- Helpful advice such as how to choose the best carving soap and test soap for carving quality
- Learn how to create safe wooden carving tools that are ideal for children, as well as how to use them
Complete Guide to Soap Carving provides everything you need to know about carving soap, from basic carving methods for beginners to sophisticated techniques for accomplished artists. This comprehensive guide also shows how to choose the best carving soap, and how to test soap for carving quality.
Twenty-six step-by-step projects range from quick carvings to complex, elaborate soap sculptures.
Fun and easy-to-learn, soap carving is an enjoyable craft for adults and a perfect craft for children, who won’t need to handle sharp knives—this book shows how to make simple wooden carving tools that are safe for kids.
Complete Guide to Soap Carving is also an ideal book for people who are tinkering with the idea of wood carving, but don’t want to invest in the equipment just yet. Soap carving will help determine if carving is right for you—you’ll learn basic cuts such as relief carving, caricature, carving in the round, and chip carving.
“What a great book! . . . It has inspired me to get a bar and start carving away!”
—VERNON DEPAUW, author and International Woodcarver’s Congress (IWC) award winner