Looking for fresh, original scenes for your fast-paced acting or directing class? Tired of the same old material everyone recognizes? Want the flexibility to play any character in any scene?
Book of Sides: Original, Short Scenes for Actors and Directors offers scenes that are considerably shorter than those in similar books but still feature the structure of typical scenes with arcs, clear playable objectives, and stakes for both actors. Here you will find scenes that are:
- One-page in length and specially designed for new, high-intensity exercises that help students develop quickly
- Printed in an easily readable, film-script format that provides plenty of room for annotations
- Completely original, allowing you to produce and distribute reinterpretations without worrying about copyright restrictions
- Universally castable, with roles that can be assigned to actors regardless of gender, appearance, skill level, or race
- Simple and conducive to performing in the classroom without props, costumes, or sets
- Perfect for audition workshops and crowded directing or acting classes where everyone wants an opportunity to perform
- Written in accessible, contemporary language that keeps student actors engaged
Don’t miss out! In Book of Sides, Dave Kost brings two decades of teaching experience to the table to deliver the ideal set of scenes for busy classroom settings, auditions, and general training.